By 2030 half of all global deaths will be from cancer. In real numbers, that is 13.1 million deaths per year.
Your chance of getting cancer in your lifetime is approaching 70%. To combat this devastating disease we
need to think differently and we need to bring many minds together to do this.
The CARP research team seeks to
- Uncover what universal process goes wrong in our cells that allow cancer to develop.
- To search and identify the changes that occur to our cells and its genome that allow us to age and develop ageing diseases such as cancer, arthritis and Alzheimer’s disease.
Our goal is to
- To develop therapeutics that can stop cancers before they start
- To develop drugs that will target most cancers
- To develop therapeutics that will combat other ageing diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and arthritis.